- Minimum and recommended specifications
- Why is it essential to have a Falcon haptic device to run Anarkik3D Design?
- What is the recommended Falcon start up procedure?
- Why can’t I initialise the application in Windows 7 or Vista?
- How do I get the latest drivers for my computer’s graphics card?
- Anarkik3D Design crashed during startup.
- I have to re-install my hard drive. What happens with my license for Anarkik3D Design?
- Installing Anarkik3D Design on a Mac
1. My computer/laptop falls between the minimum and recommended specifications you recommend using the PassMark Performance Test tool. Will it run properly?
Test your computer performance as all are built slightly differently.
For example: we tested 2 laptops that met the minimum specifications. Anarkik3D Design was very jerky on one laptop, but it worked well on the second. We put both through the performance test, and the performance scores for the first unworkable one ( Intel P4 1.8GHz, 2048 MB RAM, ATI RADEON 9700) were only 72 on CPU-Floating Point Math, 0.5 on CPU-Multimedia Instructions Graphics, and 9.6 on 3D – Complex. These scores are well below the standard and the recommended scores.
2. Why is it essential to have a Falcon haptic device to run Anarkik3D Design?
The Falcon haptic device replaces your 2D mouse. Anarkik3D Design is designed for its haptic ‘touch and feel’ interaction and also for the easy natural 3D navigation and movement it provides for manipulating forms, moving, zooming and rotating. There are other haptic devices in the market and we use the Falcon as it is less expensive and more durable.
- Plug Falcon firmly to power socket
- Plug Falcon into computer’s/laptop’s USB port (always plug into the same USB port as before, if re-starting)
- Start up computer/laptop
Anarkik3D Design Version 3.1 is ‘plug and play’. There is no longer the need to download Falcon drivers as we have embedded these into the software. To speed up getting into the programme, at the ‘splash screen’, move the Falcon handle in and out gently!
4. Why can’t I initialize Anarkik3D Design in Windows 7 or Vista?
We recommend Windows 8 or 10. However, if you do have Windows 7 or Vista then right click the Anarkik3D Design icon on your desktop, in the popup menu, select “Property”.
- Within the popup window, choose the “Compatibility” tab.
- Tick the check box for “Run in Compatibility Mode for Win XP (SP3)”, and also tick the check box for “Run as Administrator”.
- After that, just click “OK” and then run Cloud 9.
Note: In Windows 7, after you change the compatibility and when you run Anarkik3D Design, if you get an error message just ignore it and the software will start.
5. How do I get the latest drivers for my computer’s graphics card?
- Go to the graphic card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest driver for the model you are using.
- Download the driver (if you are in Windows 7 make sure the driver is for Windows 7)
- Install the downloaded driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Start Anarkik3D Design.
6. Anarkik3D Design crashed during startup.
You might need to download the latest version of your graphic card’s drivers.
This is particularly important for university/college users, as when the operating system was installed for the university/college computers, the bundled driver might be a default one, which may cause problems.
7. I have to re-install my hard drive. What happens with my license for Anarkik3D Design?
Your Anarkik3D Design license will be deleted with this action. We will supply you with a new one for a small administration fee of £10. To set up again please send us your original Customer ID which was supplied with your license/activation/pw codes, download Anarkik3D Design and activate with the new codes we send you.
Please contact Anarkik3D at firstname.lastname@example.org as we are close to releasing Anarkik3D Design for Macs.
Anarkik3D Design will run on a Mac computer now. You just have to have the Windows OS (Operating System) installed as the system for licensing programmes that run on a Mac has been a major issue which we have now sorted and are testing. If you have/are planning on using a Mac computer please be patient a bit longer!
The following information will be redundant shortly.
Laptops – you CAN use Anarkik3D Design on your Mac laptop but with Windows it might take up a lot of memory. The technical specifications on this website for running the software gives the recommended minimum requirements for installing Anarkik3D Design onto your computer.
You need a good graphics card and at least 40MB memory free on your hard drive. If you are trying to decide between a laptop and a desktop Mac* – it’s really down to how you work best, whilst keeping in mind the technical specifications.
Please note that your Anarkik3D Design License ID is specific to one computer only.
If you consult Apple about purchasing a Mac Desktop and installing Windows onto it they can do this for you. You will need to purchase Windows separately and make an appointment in an Apple store with your new computer. In my experience, phoning will get you slightly further than asking in an Apple store as you get individual attention and they will go through procedures with you.
- You probably will not lose any information when installing Windows onto a Mac. However, regularly backing up all your information onto a disc or memory stick or onto the cloud is essential in any case, so please do this before you begin installing Windows on to your computer.
Parallels vs Bootcamp
Parallels for Mac is a program which allows you to run Windows on your Mac. It is a popular choice for seamless linking between your Mac and Windows without rebooting your computer, and appears as a ‘window’ (like bringing up an internet browser onto your computer screen). However, Apple may tell you that Anarkik3D Design may not run on this seamlessly at all, or may appear slow and jerky. Parallels is good for programs than need less memory and speed, such as word processors, and may not be as good for Anarkik3D Design. For more information on Parallels go to: www.parallels.com/UK
Bootcamp Assistant for Mac is a very effective way of using Anarkik3D Design on your Mac Desktop. Bootcamp is already on your Mac and allows you to split your hard drive into two sections; one for the Macintosh operating system and one for Windows. It sounds daunting but is actually quite easy. You can find the straightforward Installation and Set-up Guide by clicking on the Bootcamp icon on your Mac.
You will need Windows OS:
- You can install Windows with an installation disc or with a USB Flash Drive that contains a Windows ISO image downloaded from Microsoft.
- You will also need a blank disc, as Bootcamp Assistant will ask you to back up the files on your computer before proceeding to installing Windows.
- We recommend you print out the Bootcamp Installation and Set Up Guide and read it thoroughly before beginning the installation, and then keep it beside you while following the prompts on your computer.
The Bootcamp Assistant will clearly take you through every step to allow you to install Windows onto your computer. As an example I allowed Windows 7 60MB of space when splitting the hard drive on my Mac Desktop and Anarkik3D Design runs perfectly. If you will be using Windows for other programs allow a little extra space. Once Windows is successfully installed on your Mac, you need to reboot to choose between the Mac and the Windows parts of your computer. As soon as you reboot hold down the ALT key on your keyboard. Three options will appear: Mac, Recovery, and Windows. Double click on Windows.
- When you start your computer it will always automatically start up as a Mac, by pressing the ALT key as soon as the computer switches itself on it allows you to choose between logging on to Mac or Windows.
Once you have logged onto Windows, the option to download Anarkik3D Design is on our website. Have your purchased Activation Code and License ready and your haptic device connected to your system. Then download Anarkik3D Design and install.
Follow the links below for further information about: