Thinking of buying Anarkik3DDesign for PC or Apple Mac.
Making sure this programme is for you:
- You are here because you have discovered this alternate way of working digitally in 3D, a way that’s more in keeping with how you work.
- The bundle of software (Cloud9) and the haptic device (Falcon) is positively affordable and justifiable! And it doesn’t need an expensive computer.
- Having little or no previous experience of 3D design or modelling is not a barrier. Just basic knowledge of using a computer helps
- Anarkik3DDesign is not CAD, it is a 3D modelling programme: it enables you to work and explore more freely than most CAD system allow.
- Working more naturally with 3D movement and 3D touch (haptics) is definitely the way to go. And Anarkik3DDesign is fun to use.
- Because Anarkik3DDesign is easy to learn and use, with scope to master, it fits into your practice. Besides you can be creating
within as little as an hour from set-up!
- You are not looking for a precision based, industry standard Computer Aided Design/modelling programme
- No steep learning curve. Also no re-learning after a major break away as interaction is intuitive and the interface straightforward.
- So finally a way to balance your time between designing and making, marketing, and enjoying your other interests
- You are interested in learning on your own at your own pace using the online video tutorials, worksheets (links for each from here) and function list /hot keys (links for each from here).
- There is always the option of signing up to a training course/masterclass
- Anarkik3DDesign runs on PCs and Macs. It is designed for mid range PC computers with a decent graphic card, and runs on a MacBook Pro
- Thinking of buying Anarkik3DDesign for PC or Apple Mac? Check the technical specifications to ensure your computer or laptop can run Anarkik3D Design
- Order your Falcon haptic device. It is cheaper for you to buy direct from the USA, so it might take a while to arrive
- Decide if you would like to attend a training course. If you come on a 2 day course and then buy Anarkik3D Design software within a month, we give a 15% discount
- The licence/activation codes are emailed to you after purchasing Cloud9 software from our Shop . The Cloud9 price for either PC or Mac is the same: £430 + VAT but the download versions are different (PC from here, the Mac version from here)
- Cloud9 downloads directly into your folders to save. We don’t actually send you anything physical like a disk
- Connect your new Falcon haptic device to your computer: you do not need to download or load any drivers as these are embedded in the Cloud9 software
- Click on your Cloud9_setup_31 file (.exe format) to run the setup wizard – you need to have your activation codes handy.
- Do register online and give your email address
- With set-up finished, off you go, start modelling!
- Contact us if you haven’t received your activation codes
- Go here for more detailed set-up instructions
- Watch our tutorials and try stuff out
- Print out the sheet of Shortcut/hotkeys for easy reference
- See Using Anarkik3DDesign for more tips!
Thinking of buying Anarkik3DDesign for PC or Apple Mac to access 3D printing?
- Anarkik3DDesign was developed from the start for 3D print technologies.
- You use solid primitives (sphere, cube, cylinder, cone, torus, 3D line) to deform and construct with so models are ‘water-tight’ with no holes or floating, unattached and problematic surfaces
- For 3D printing you save your 3D models in the industry standard .stl format for straightforward upload for general 3D printing, and in .wrl format for 3D printing in multicolours
- You can send your models to a professional 3D printing services*. Costs vary greatly depending on model size, materials, the processes used and the amount of help they provide. Upload your model for a free no-obligation quote, so no surprises.
- There may be a local lab (such as Eagle Labs) or groups with a 3D printer that you can join, such as a Hacklab. You contribute to their costs, but this could be a low-cost option and good to prototyping and testing before committing to more expensive 3D prints.
- Alternatively, you can buy your own 3D printer. These vary considerably in price, from build-your-own kits up to printers that cost thousands of pounds. You will also need to budget for the printing materials and any maintenance needed.
- Go here for further info on 3D printing
*Try iMaterialise (Belgium), Shapeways (Netherlands), Sculpteo (France), Oceanz (Germany), Digits2Widgits (UK) …