New for Cloud9 V3
- Slicing is special – and surprisingly colourful
- Create Torus of different proportions – real smooth operation
- Boolean is brilliant – subtracted bits are unexpectedly beautiful so not automatically deleted! That is up to you.
Want to download Cloud9 V3? click here. Remember – you need the Falcon Haptic device to run it.
- ‘Touch’ and feel the 3 dimensional qualities of virtual objects
- Move freely and fluidly in all directions: flexibility construct, interact & manipulate objects within a 3D space
- More natural way of working: real time interactions, both in and outside objects
- Easy creation of organic shapes and designs
- Change hardness/softness of objects as required
- Non-complex graphical based interface
- Falcon buttons for general select and to select object(s), rotate ‘world’ (whole 3D working space) and set rotation point
Want to download Cloud9 V3? click here.
- Standard solid forms from which to start modelling (cube, sphere, cone, torus, etc)
- Standard modelling functions: Scale, Mirror objects, etc. (see image above)
- Reset button: returns view to original ‘world’ position
- Shortcut keys for quicker operations: standard (Ctrl + x, c, a, z, v, etc), specific (e.g. Esc to switch haptics on/off)
- Shortcut keys for move/rotate object: toggle to simulate up to 6 degrees of freedom
- x, y, and z keyboard keys constrain and control the following to the one axis: draw line, rotation, move, scale, mirror and slice plane rotation.
- 3D colour selection box
- Support for following file formats: .stl (export model for 3D printing, to CAD, i.e. Rhino3D), 3DS and OBJ (with texture mapping import capability), ,vrl for colour printing
- Export part of the model (export selected objects only)
- Insert saved models into current work space
- Configurable AUTOSAVE function
- Unit setting (mm, cm and meter)
- Boolean (union, subtract and intersect two objects): great tool and fun as the objects’ colours are added/left behind!
- Submesh – increase the number of triangles in an object’s mesh for better resolution: all triangles or selected areas
- Reduce mesh – decrease the number of triangles in an object’s mesh: all triangles or just selected areas
- Slice an objects with a slice plane – sliced surfaces are the colour selected in the colour box!
- Select to work in wireform mode
- Grid: visible/invisible, mm, cm, m, toggle to x, y and z axis using PageDown key, move with arrow keys, silder bar to scale
- Snap objects to grid points (for alignment, etc)
- Pan: standard keyboard keys for left, right, up, down, etc