Thinking of buying Anarkik3D Design as it could work for you? Let’s make sure:
- You prefer to work and explore much more freely than most CAD system allow you to
- Working more naturally with 3D movement and 3D touch (haptics) in a digital environment would really be good
- As Anarkik3D Design is very intuitive to use there is no steep learning curve. In fact it just requires basic knowledge of using a computer
- Anarkik3D Design is developed to be easy to master and use to balance your time between designing and making
- You can learn for free from our online video tutorials and manual. If you prefer you can also sign up to a 2 or 3 day training course which costs up to £550
- Still thinking about buying Anarkik3D Design? The complete system which includes 3D modelling software and the essential Falcon haptic device costs approximately £650. This is easy to justify
- Anarkik3D Design requires a mid range PC computer (2006 or preferably better, and decent graphic card to run properly), or a MacBook Pro
Follow our step-by-step checklist for buying Anarkik3D Design and installing it:
- Check the technical specifications to ensure your computer or laptop can run Anarkik3D Design
- Order your Falcon haptic device. It is cheaper for you to buy direct from the manufacturers in the USA, so it might take a while to arrive
- Decide if you would like to attend a training course. If you are thinking of buying Anarkik3D Design software, you will get a discount on the course
- Buy a licence from our Shop for Anarkik3D Design for either PC or Mac (Cloud9Mac is due for release. Contact Anarkik3D for updates)
- Please register online and give your email address
- We email you your activation codes once you have purchased a licence.
- Download the software from here directly into your folders to save. We don’t actually send you anything physical like a disk, as you will download the software direct to your computer.
- Click on your Cloud9_setup_31 file for the setup wizard – you need to have your activation codes handy.
- Have your Falcon haptic device plugged in and off you go, start modelling!
- Contact us if you haven’t received your activation codes
- Follow the set-up instructions
- Watch our tutorials and try stuff out
- Print out the shortcut key sheet for easy reference
- Visit our Using Anarkik3D Design for more tips!
Thinking of buying Anarkik3D Design to access 3D printing? Here’s how:
- By using solid modelling your designs can be saved in .stl and .wrl formats for immediate upload to print
- You can send your models to a professional 3D printing service. Costs vary greatly depending on materials, the processes used and the amount of help they provide. Upload your model for a free no-obligation quote, so no surprises.
- There may be a local group with a 3D printer that you can join, such as a Hacklab. You will need to contribute to their costs, but this could be a low-cost option.
- Alternatively, you can buy your own 3D printer. These vary considerably in price, from build-your-own kits up to printers that cost thousands of pounds. You will also need to budget for the printing materials and any maintenance needed.